Special Topics in Nuclear Physics 0342797
A graduate course taught to the nuclear physics students at the University of Jordan.
General course objectives
• The course will cover selected topics in nuclear physics and its relevant applications.
• Depends on each covered topic.
HWs and projects
· Sundays and Tuesdays 14:00-15:30
• Homeworks are due after one week unless otherwise announced.
• Remarks or questions marked in red in the presentations, without being announced as homeworks, should be also seriously considered!
• Some tasks can (or should) be sent by email.
• Main Project
o Due date (for written version): May 3rd.
o Presentation: Will be scheduled later.
• Other small projects will be announced in class and are due two weeks after announcement.
Lecture Notes and Exams
Individual lecture notes will be available online after the lecture has been given.
1- General introductions to Monte Carlo applications.
14- SRIM training and application on E-DE detection.
17- Target properties and reaction yield III (continued).
19- Introduction to Nuclear Astrophysics (continued).
QBASIC to help analyzing SRIM output.