Nuclear Physics 0302463
An undergraduate course taught to the physics students at the University of Jordan.
Instructor Saed Dababneh Homepage
Course email: email@example.com
General course content
• Introduction and terminology.
• Nuclear properties.
• Binding energy and nuclear stability.
• Spin, parity and moments.
• Nuclear forces.
• The structure of the nucleus.
• Nuclear models.
• Radioactive decays.
• Nuclear reactions: energetics and general cross-section behavior.
• Introductory Nuclear Physics by K. S. Krane.
Quizzes and HWs
· Sun. Tue. Thu. 11:00-12:00
• Homeworks are due after one week unless otherwise announced.
• Remarks or questions marked in red in the presentations, without being announced as homeworks, should be also seriously considered!
• Some tasks can (or should) be sent by email.
• Tuesday, February 8th: Read Chapter One (Basic Concepts).
• First Exam is scheduled on Tuesday, April 5th 2011 at 17:00.
Lecture Notes and Exams
7- Shell Model.